Subject: Re: [Leica] SHARPNESS
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 1998 11:34:55 -0600

>The outstanding qualities of the M cameras and lenses to get great
>photographs are well known, but can one expect to get the same quality
>photos with the R cameras and lenses?

Yes, absolutely. I do it every day at work. I use both. Some R lenses are
as good or better than M lenses, and the other way around. It's hard to
compare specific lenses because some are for different purposes. The 19 is
hard to compare to the 35 Summilux ASPH. But the resulting images have a
family resemblance. And I'm not talking sharpness.
- --

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch