Subject: Re: [Leica] R8 film counter problem ?
From: Vondauster@aol.com
Date: Thu, 24 Dec 1998 07:41:01 EST

HI All,

In a message dated 12/24/1998 6:47:01 AM EST, Alan wrote:

<< > On the quality front, my R8 had to be exchanged shortly after I bought it
due
 > to the very common film counter problem...<snip>...

 What is that "very common film counter problem" on the R8 ??? >>

The film counter would reset itself to 0 at random. Very annoying in the
middle of an assignment when you look to see how many shots you have left.
Leica acknowledged the problem immediately, saying that "for some reason" a
good number of R8s (maybe the earlier ones?) were overly susceptible to static
electricity. Since I live in Denver, where the air is very dry, we have a lot
of that here. Leica did the right thing for me, replacing the body immediately
with one that worked perfectly.

Others reported the same problem on the LUG around that time.

Happy Holidays once again,

Will von Dauster