Subject: Re: [Leica] Which third lens?
From: n.b.watson@juno.com (Nigel B Watson)
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 1998 19:54:47 EST

Fernando, remembering that the viewfinder of the Leica only *frames* the
proper focal lengths but does not show the distinctive spatial
characteristics, (the 21/24 finders do, somewhat, but the 24 finder is
the same optically as the 21--it's just masked for a 24 view angle--yet a
21 and a 24 are quite different)  my advice is to get a look through a 24
and 50 on any SLR.  That might help you to decide which you want *first*.
 Personally, I could live without both the 35 and the 90 as long as I
have a 50.  I haven't any desire to own the 24 for the Leica because I
have the 21 and 28.  The 24 would mean *another* slip-on viewfinder to
juggle about.  Although it is hard to see all of the 28 frame with my
glasses, it is still better than a separate finder (and reason I'd never
buy an 0,85 M6).  You see, one man's meat is indeed another's poison.

Regards,
Nigel

On Tue, 15 Dec 1998 15:32:33 -0800 (PST) nandomm@redestb.es (Fernando
Moreno) writes:

>Hello luggers:
>
>I've got a 35/2 and 90/2,8 for my M6, and now I'm thinking of
>expanding a
>bit. So, is it worth to
>wait
>till I find a good deal on a 24, or should I go for the 50? I know
<snip>
, it depends on the kind of pictures you take, etc,
>but
>anyway, I'll be happy to read your experiences.

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]