Subject: Re: [Leica] Which third lens?
From: TEAShea@aol.com
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 1998 21:30:48 EST

Of course you cannot go wrong with either one.  The 24 aspherical is not
talked about much but I find it to be a wonderful lens.  It is similar to the
21 aspherical in performance.  However, the 24 is not so radical that it
requires as much extreme care in composition.

The 50's are all excellent in their own respects.  I agree with your
consideration of the 2.0 as the lens to start with in this focal length.  It
has the best resolution and contrast.  It is not too large.  This focal length
is fairly close to your 35 - closer than the 24 is to the 35.  However, for a
general purpose lens, I find a fifty very useful.

There is no bad decision here.

Tom Shea

<< Some of you have the 24, (and many more the 50). So, is it worth to wait
 till I find a good deal on a 24, or should I go for the 50? >>