Subject: Re: [Leica] I for one am glad Kodachrome is dead or dying.
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 1998 21:38:40 -0600

>To all you Kodachromists,
>
>Until you have tried some of the new E-6 films don't knock 'em

I bet I've used more E-6 films than almost any 10 users on this group.
That's not a put down. But I just want to point out that I've used a lot of it.

And yet my favorite film is what I remember I got from Kodachrome. Right
now, Kodachrome is behind, for sure. But those who say Velvia is the "pro"
choice miss a major point. Velvia is horrible for portraits. Human skin
does not do well on that film. For my taste anyway. Way too red. Ektachrome
is a better choice. (I'm talking pro films, not amateur films).

It's not an either/or question here. It's a matter of what does a film do
for YOU?
- --

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO