Subject: Re: [Leica] consolidating my photo system....
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 1998 08:02:24 -0600

>.which would you go with
>as a first complement to the 100 and 180?

To complement the 100 and 180, I'd get a 50mm 1.4 or a 35mm 1.4 (or F/2 if
you think you can live without the 1.4 and want something more useful with
filters. The 35 Summilux is a better lens overall when stopped down. So
says Jim Kuehl, Leica and some others. I haven't done any tests, but I do
know the 35 Summilux R makes amazing pictures. And when stopped down even
one stop I don't have any problem with vignetting at all. So the Summicron
doesn't have any advantage there. Especially when you are scanning and can
adjust for any minor vignetting there might be.
- --

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

To say a human being is nothing but molecules, is like saying a
Shakespearean play is nothing but words.

Murphy's Law