Subject: [Leica] With or Without The Red Dot
From: Oddmund Garvik <garvik@wanadoo.fr>
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 1998 04:02:33 +0100 (MET)

At 00:23 30/11/1998 +0100, Lucien wrote:

>BMW and Audi offer in Europe the possibility to remove the emblem or the
>model designation from the trunk. To bad Leica don't do the same with
>the dot.

Yes, in the meantime paint it black, or put a black scotch over it...

>I don't know who was behind the M6J design, but that person or team
>really understood what a Leica M should look like (and be).

The M6J is a nice camera, but too rare, and far too expensive, of
course... If you prefer the classic design, there are still all the M3/2/4
around, less expensive, and as good as the M6. Why pay for a meter which is
finally superfluous? Why bother with the M6? I've had four, but I've sold
them all! I couldn't stand walking around with a fortune like that. I was
worrying all the time, being robbed, loosing them, or damaging them. With
the old ones you are more relaxed, especially if they have signs of wear
and tear. I like it simple and basic. I don't like being noticed.

Oddmund

PS pour Lucien:

>J'en profite avant qu'Oddmund ne me donne mauvaise conscience. ;-)
>Bienvenue Oddmund. Vous devez etre le premier a generer autant de
>messages avant d'avoir ecrit un mot. Un record.
>(Je me demande ce que vous avez contre les fleuristes ?)
>Enfin, grace a vous (ou aux autres) ce message un peu futile passera
>probablement totalement inapercu.

Merci, Lucien!
Eh bien, j'aimerais passer un peu plus inapercu, mais c'est rate. Tant pis!
Et ce record est plutot un desastre!

Je n'ai rien contre les fleuristes, je trouve seulement que les reflexions
de M. Hurst etait malvenues. Il y a des moments ou il faut frapper...

Oddmund