Subject: [Leica] With or Without The Red Dot
From: Doug Herr <71247.3542@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 1998 19:44:32 -0500

On Tue, 1 Dec 1998,  Oddmund Garvik wrote:

> Why bother with the M6? I've had four, but I've sold
>them all! I couldn't stand walking around with a fortune like that. I was
>worrying all the time, being robbed, loosing them, or damaging them. With
>the old ones you are more relaxed, especially if they have signs of wear
>and tear. I like it simple and basic. I don't like being noticed.
>
>Oddmund

Oddmund,

I agree completely.  I've never felt comfortable with new anything, be it
car, bicycle, or camera.  I've also found that the more complex a tool is,
the more options it has, the more likely I'll screw something up.  My
camera: I'm a reflex kind of guy so the Leicaflex SL is my favorite.  I
can't possibly set the metering mode or AF mode wrong, or forget to turn
the camera on.  Any time I pick it up I know exactly how it will respond to
me with a minimum of fuss.  Besides the SL's viewfinder is unbeatable.

Welcome back to the LUG.

Doug Herr
Sacramento