Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Leica's Development and Management
From: AJSymi@aol.com
Date: Sat, 28 Nov 1998 20:35:56 EST

In a message dated 11/28/98 5:02:15 PM Pacific Standard Time,
kopitnil@marketingcomm.com writes:

<< But that document shows M sales holding steady, down an insignificant 1.7%
 compared to last year. R sales are down 37%. But sales overall were about
 the same, thanks in large part to the compact cameras (Minilux, Minilux
 Zoom, Z2X, Mini 3) which are up 64%. In fact, if I'm reading the figures
 correctly, those four compact cameras outsold the entire R system. >>
Personally, I think the R8 is a very nice camera.  But is it too big?  Too
great a departure from previous R's?  Remember the new M5?  Why would R sales
be down so much, unless it is competing with the M system?

Arturo