Subject: [Leica] Question - Color Rendition & Flouride Coatings
From: MGMcGough@aol.com
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 1998 19:20:22 EST

In a message dated 11/26/98 3:05:09  Pacific Time, corkflor@iol.ie writes:

> >snip<
> 'warm' and 'cold' colour rendition for various groups of lenses -
>  specifically between Leica lenses and Nikkors. <

I have had Leica lenses recoated by John Van Stelten that originally had
a certain cast to them and came back with another (yellow to magenta) &
yet there seemed to be no difference in the color rendition on my chromes.

John told me that his labortory uses the latest in hard coatings but I forgot
to ask him if the newer & more magenta coatings would affect the chrome.
I have also used Nikkor lenses that a definite blue cast - & yet the chromes
were normal to warm ---- Has anyone else had any comparison experience?
Does the coating act like a filter?  It doesn't seem to, in my limited
experience
even though I would estimate the color to be at least CC05 with the same film.

Mary Grace