Subject: [Leica] [Retro] was Re: Happy Thanksgiving
From: "Roger Beamon" <roger@beamon.org>
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 1998 16:43:45 -700

On 26 Nov 98, Alan Ball wrote, at least in part:

> PMFJI Roger and Thomas but, really, would you pay 3 times as much for your
> Win 3.1 and 486 as you would for a gizmo charged Win 98 + Pentium II 400
> MHz ?

The two are sorta mutually exclusive, Alan. I *will* be getting
new hardware come Jan or Feb. No argument that my 486 will not
do what the PII 400 MHz will or as fast. OS is similar but not as
cut and dried.

Cameras, however, will not be changed. My photography can be
done *better* by the R6.2 and M6 than it was with my EOS 1n.
In this case, for me, the "gizmos" offer no help; a hindrance,
actually. The 'fit' for me is better not to mention the higher
average lens quality and performance.
- --
Roger
mailto:roger@beamon.org

     Whether you think you can or you think you can't,
     you're right!
               -- Henry Ford