Subject: [Leica] HF and history (was Happy Thanksgiving)
From: Alex Hurst <corkflor@iol.ie>
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 1998 00:27:09 +0000

Hi Roger. You wrote:

>The two are sorta mutually exclusive, Alan. I *will* be getting
>new hardware come Jan or Feb. No argument that my 486 will not
>do what the PII 400 MHz will or as fast. OS is similar but not as
>cut and dried.

Could I suggest that you take a deep breath and get an Apple Mac? I've been
using 'em for years, and it's far less hassle to achieve the same (or
better) than Bill Gates's mob. Besides, you'd be joining an informed
minority...

>Cameras, however, will not be changed. My photography can be
>done *better* by the R6.2 and M6 than it was with my EOS 1n.
>In this case, for me, the "gizmos" offer no help; a hindrance,
>actually. The 'fit' for me is better not to mention the higher
>average lens quality and performance.

I think you're definitely far too liberal. I wouldn't dream of using a
camera less than 25 years old.

BTW, Henry Ford also said, "History is bunk" - that was my three-hour essay
question at Cambridge back in '62.. As the essay question said, "Discuss"
<g>

Best wishes.

Slan

Alex

>     Whether you think you can or you think you can't,
>     you're right!
>               -- Henry Ford

Alex Hurst
Waterfall