Subject: [Leica] "Sight 3" - Website for Tina & 54 others - great!!!
From: MGMcGough@aol.com
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 1998 05:46:10 EST

  I have just visited the "Sight 3" web site and am much impressed with the
  the way photos from 55 photographers (including early Tina Manley) are
  presented.  By some standards, they are small (thumb-nails & 25kb) but
  this size allows these 55 plus  - to have several photos each presented on
  a minimum sized site - which has todate been visited over 23,000 times.

  I think that a site like the other proposed one - is overkill to present the
  work of a large body of Leicaphiles like the LUG and will lead to many
  future problems. That kind of a presentation is better left to individuals
  own personal websites that are given gratis now by many sponsors.

  Personally, I think highly enough of my photos that I certainly wouldn't
  trust just any LUGger to have them even temporarily for any reason --
  but like they say   "There's one born every minute".

  Incidentally, Roy Moss (past LHSA prez. & now Viewfinder editor again)
  has already asked both Tina Manley & myself to do illustrated articles for
  the LHSA quaterly magazine on women Leica users but and I am hoping
  to get a few more femmes involved first.  Sight3 = http://www.thesight.com

  Mary Grace