Subject: Re: [Leica] Just a thought about the R8 motor-drive
From: nbwatson@juno.com (N. B. Watson)
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 1998 18:29:09 EDT

Why wait for that to happen?
To paraphrase the American comic Tim Allen, what the R8 motor-winder
needs is *more power*.  Could not some independent Leica technician
re-gear and/or increase the motor torque in the current winder, even if
perhaps it would require more frequent replacement of the power cells?

Regards,
Nigel

On Mon, 12 Oct 1998 22:25:46 +0200 Pascal <cyberdog@ibm.net> writes:
>Just a teasing thought:
>
>has it occurred to you that Leica might finally not bring out the
>motor-drive (4 fps) for the R8?
>The camera came to market in October 1996 and given the average
>commercial lifespan of an SLR of about 4-5 years, we are now right in
>the
>middle of it.
>
>Add to that the fact that I was "assured" that there is not going to
>be
>that by now infamous R8 motor-drive in 1999 at all, and we might as
>well
>conclude that the follow-on model to the R8 will have the motor-drive
>built-in. IMHO, that would make perfect sense and be fully in line
>with
>the awesome capabilities of the next-generation R camera.
>I say no more...
>;-)
>
>Pascal

>Check out: http://members.xoom.com/cyberplace/
>Who else than Leica could make a camera like the R8 ?
>With that unique design and above all: that ergonomics.
>Nikon ? Canon ? Nobody but Leica !
><<< PGP public key available on request >>>

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]