Subject: Re: [Leica] Just a thought about the R8 motor-drive
From: Pascal <cyberdog@ibm.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 00:40:32 +0200

On 12-10-1998 23:06 Bud Cook wrote:

>I just saw an advertisement (Shutterbug?) where Leica USA is offering to lend
>an R8 to people to try.  Pictures made with the R8 can then be entered into a
>contest conducted by Leica.  Doesn't sound like things are going too well
>with the R8.

The action "test our best" is already for a month or so in Germany.
People can go to a dealer and lend an R8 plus Vario-Elmar 28-70, and are
entering a competition when they fill in a questionnaire upon returning
the equipment (this is no contest).
The idea is that potential buyers get to know the camera better.

Pascal

Check out: http://members.xoom.com/cyberplace/
Macintosh PowerBook G3 - it eats Pentium notebooks for lunch