Subject: [Leica] Screw Mount Cameras
From: Stephen Kobrin <skobrin@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 1998 05:27:59 -0700 (PDT)

>Me too! I love my Summitar with barn doors and IIIf >combination. Ive
>feeling very "retro" lately and often go out with a >IIIf, Summitar,
35mm
>Summaron, a 135mm/3.5 Canon lens and a Weston Master V >or Zeiss
Ikophot
>meter while the Ms and Summicrons sit at home. >Strange.

>Jim Licquia

I agree Jim.  I have an M3, a IIIf and a G2 and often find myself
using the IIIf with the 50mm Summitar even though it is clearly the
least convenient of the lot. I have the first of the Leica meters
which mounts on top and after a repair by Quality Light Metric
(thanks, Marc) is dead on.  There is just something about it that
draws me to it...it is a mechanical jewel that is really fun to use.
Its size, especially with the tinymeter, makes it an ideal camera to
take on quick trips. While it may be my unpracticed eye, I really
cannot see much difference between the Summitar and my collapsible
Summicron, aat least with B&W.

At the end of the day, I really cannot explain why I like using it.
But, I really do not have to.

Steve