Subject: [Leica] DR Summicron
From: Stephen Kobrin <skobrin@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 1998 06:00:26 -0700 (PDT)

I just picked up a DR Summicron without eyes (second version).  Can I
use any DR eyes with the lens or do I have to find a set specifically
designed for the second version?  Not a high priority, but you never
know what will come your way.

Also, my Leica Pocket Book (6th ed.) appears a bit confused re this
lens.  It lists the serial number 2437XXX as 1970 vintage, but then
notes that production of the DR Summicron ceased in 1968.  Any idea
which info is wrong?

I am looking forward to using this lens on my M3.  It certainly lets
you know it is there....

Steve