Subject: [Leica] Help! R8 viewfinder goober
From: MyersPete@aol.com
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 1998 21:03:13 EDT

Dear LUG:

I am not subscribed at the moment, as I am about to go out on an extended
shoot. I would appreciate a direct reply if any one has a solution by Sunday.

I was cleaning my R8 when I discovered a huge goober in the optics of the
viewfinder. Its between the outside layer, past the shutter and then on the
next surface. While it does not totally effect the viewfinder view, it does
effect it.

Anyway to get in there without risking anything major or is this a 'factory
only' repair problem?

Something must have flaked off and fallen down on the optics - quite odd.

Thanks!

Pete Myers
myerspete@aol.com