Subject: Re: [Leica] Help! R8 viewfinder goober
From: jrehorek@deltax.cz
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 1998 14:22:21 +0100

Hello Pete,
I am sorry, that my reply comes late, but I`m on the digest and have
regularly a 2 to 10 days delay
of reading the LUG post. (And of course sorry of your R8).
I would like at least to tell you that the same thing probably happened to
me. Something like a loosened
lever inside the VF just occured. I was quite puzzled as everything beside
that worked just fine.
Unfortunately I don`t know of a possibility to fix it in your own but as
everything other goes well I wouldn`t
hesitate to use the body for some time.
My R8 went to Germany ( under warranty and not so far from Prague, where I
live -:) ) and my dealer offered me
another body for the time of repair -:)).
It came back after 10 days and I was told, that the fix was done in a
couple of minutes.
OTOH I found from papers that came with it, that Leica service made a big
changes with it:
they completely exchanged the bottom, back and the grip and battery
compartment with new ones.
I was told, that my body was one from the very first series, that could
possibly develop some problems
though nothing occured in mine beside the VF problem.
To resume the story : I of course was not pleasured with the incident but
Leica services were very prompt and satisfactory.
Wish you ar least the same experiences.

Best regards to you an all the LUGgers.

               Jiri Rehorek
               Prague, Czech Republic