Subject: [Leica] Older stuff; was IIIf
From: M3novie@webtv.net (Scott Green)
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1998 21:25:49 -0700 (PDT)

Gosh, Dan K.!  You're right:  I _did_ neglect to mention specifically
about the most important part, the glass.  And aren't Ivor Matanle's
books wonderful?  When I found them, I thought, here, at long last, was
someone who put to words what I never could.  As for old glass, I think
some of my favorite is found in the Tessars of my Automat 2 and
Contaflex II.  But alas, the latter is in need of a CLA (shutter's
getting sticky)  The Rollei is as beloved as the M3, but also less
practical for a lot of what I do -- namely Doisneau-esque (OK I know he
used virtually my same 'Flex) and Henri-esque people shots on the
street, in cafes, etc.

Ah  but I ramble again...
Happy fun, folks!
Scott