Subject: Re: [Leica] Older stuff; was IIIf
From: D Khong <dkhong@pacific.net.sg>
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 1998 06:16:41 +0000

>So, yes, I use all my old cameras -- even the 1937 Kodak Duo 620.  Love
>'em all!
>
>Long live brass and chrome!
>Scott

You forgot to mention old glass as well.  For those who like to take people
pictures, you will appreciate when I say that I just love those older leitz
glass when it comes to taking human subjects and more so in monochrome.
The touch of spherical aberration (producing image roundness) is
particularly pleasing to look at.   I think Matanle describes it best in
the opening chapter of his book.

Dan K.