Subject: [Leica] 90 Summicron-M vs Elmarit-M
From: nbwatson@juno.com (N. B. Watson)
Date: Sun, 20 Sep 1998 13:17:20 EDT

Presently I am deciding bewteen purchasing (second-hand) either the
current 90 Summicron-M or the current 90 Elmarit-M. (The 90 APO-ASPH is
not an option).  I am interested in hearing users comparisons in terms of
optical performance (resolution and contrast) at equal apertures (i.e.
both lenses from f2.8 smaller).  My desire is for sharpest rendition of
small detail, not flattering portraiture; however my thought was that,
to have the f2 aperture available for "emergencies" might be a good
option, but only  were all else to be equal or nearly so.  Comments from
those having compared these two lenses is greatly appreciated.

Kind thanks.
Nigel

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]