Subject: Re: [Leica] Summilux 80mm f1,4 - was: Optical Reference Standards
From: "John McLeod" <johnmcleod@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 1998 11:15:36 +0000

Lucien,

Could you elaborate a bit more on what it is you like about the 80/1.4.  You
comment on the handling with the R8 and on the advantages of having the
wider apertures at your disposal, but is there something about the quality
of the 80/1.4 images that you prefer over the 100 APO, despite the APO's
sharpness superiority?

John McLeod