Subject: Re: [Leica] Favorite lenses!
From: "Dan Post" <dwpost@email.msn.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 1998 10:13:31 -0400

I am amazed at times when we go off on these threads! It's fun! So in the
spirit of things I'd like to say that my favorite Leica lens is the one I
need at any particular time in order to get the image I want!
They say disagreements are what makes horse races, and such gentlemanly
disagreements make for interesting reading. What I would like to know, when
we expound upon the merits of our "favorite" lens, is what is the subject
for which you favor that lens? What conditions make that lens a favorite?
We have a world wide forum, with shooters burning film on thousands of
subjects, each one with his or her own artistic or professional agenda- I'd
like to know why you think a particular Leica lens is the best! At the
moment, the best Leica lens is the one that works for me at any particular
time, but then again, I don't have the full range of lenses at my
disposal....
( Please excuse any sexist connotation with my term, 'Gentlemanly
disagreement', but I was reared to think that ladies, and particularly Leica
Ladies, like Tina, are at all time agreeable, and never contentious!)
Dan,
Who is using a 5cm Summitar today!
dwpost@msn.com