Subject: Re: COPY: Re: [Leica] First week of shooting with my new R7 - HELP!
From: FIGLIO4CAP@aol.com
Date: Sat, 29 Aug 1998 12:30:42 EDT

<< Since I do not intend to drag a tripod, even my carbon fiber Gitzo, all ove

Dear Francesco,
I almost never use a tripod, except with very slow film for high resolution
work. The R cameras appear to be a little more sluggish than the Leicaflex and
the SL as mentioned here before. However, with all of these cameras, most of
what you hear and feel happens after the picture has been taken. Leica has
always prided itself on the lack of vibration of the mirror/shutter assembly.
In fact , they did away with the mirror lockup on the SL because they felt
that it was not needed for precision work. I thought the R3 felt pretty good,
but the subsequent R bodies always seemed clunky feeling, although I have
always have had good results with them.
However, I do find my R6 more difficult to focus than the earlier bodies. It
seems as though you must really get your eye centered or errors will occur.
Could that not be happening with you and the R7? I don't have an R7, but they
are of the same vintage. I have alaways felt that the R6 was more difficult to
use/focus than the previous models, and I have most of them. I must try an R8
to see how that works since I have been sorely tempted to get one.
Bob