Subject: Re: [Leica]buying an M6. what lens, was...?
From: FIGLIO4CAP@aol.com
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 1998 14:04:46 EDT

<< Save your money and go for the older 35mm 1.4 if you are intending on >>
I agree with this advice. My most used combination is the M6 with the old
35mm1.4 Summilux. If you are careful about light sources just outside of the
image field wide open, you will get wonderful results. I am sure that the ASPH
version is better wide open, but I would not be concerned about "sharpness"
issues here, only flare and ghosting. My F1.4 shits are all hand held with
fast film and at slow shutter speeds. Resolution and corner to corner
sharpness issues are moot under these conditions. Color saturation is terrific
however.
Bob