Subject: Re: [Leica] First week of shooting with my new R7 - HELP!
From: TEXWORKER@aol.com
Date: Sat, 29 Aug 1998 09:54:06 EDT

Francisco,

I have been shooting the Rsystem cameras for some12-14 years and I have also
owned a M6 since the early 80's.  About 5 years ago I started using almost 100
% of the time.  I believe the mirror has more movement than most people think.
I have used the 100mm 2.8 since it first came out and I have never been
disappointed.

The meter is something else,  I have owned almost all the R series and was
never completely satisfied with Leica metering until I finally got an R8.  I
finally got to bracketing all pictures.   THis may be me, so this is not set
in concrete about the meter, see what others say.

Enjoy the R7 and the 100mm 2.8.  By the way  the new 35-70mm (out about a
year) is also a wonderfujl lens.  It and the 70-180 F3.8 are by far the best
zooms leica has brought out.

Clifton