Subject: RE: [Leica] Leica-Users List Digest V3 #365
From: tedgrant@islandnet.com (Ted Grant)
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 1998 05:59:18 -0700

Francesco wrote:

>This is the first time I have heard you guys being downright
>negatively critical about a guy's portfolio so openly.
>Is it just because he does nudes, or just because none
>of you can relate to the material or his personal twist on it,
>or is it a truly technical criticism?>>>>>>>>

Francesco,

It has nothing to do with his photographs, but everything to do with his
what appeared to be "throwing down a gauntlet in your face" posting. If one
is going to draw attention to their website it is best to invite your
fellow viewers nicely.

Not tell them they're a bunch of "techno hack pro's mired in topics of nuts
and bolts!"  I'll give him that he sure set the screen afire with his
challenge, but if one is going to do that they better have the balls to
back it up with "out of this world images!" And it doesn't matter if they
are nudes or peeling paint.

He appeared to be flaunting himself in relation to the size of the gear he
uses, the quality of it and his pictures, against we who do our thing with
Leica's.

This is not an apology of any sort for the mail he received, under the
circumstance of being called a "hack pro" and whatever else he referred to
myself and others, he should take solice in that I didn't take him on about
his message or photography.

I like doing nudes myself...the problem I have? "keeping my hands off
them":):)

ted