Subject: Re: [Leica] First week of shooting with my new R7 - HELP!
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 1998 23:57:59 -0700

Francesco,

You should be able to diagnose your own problem. If there is "something"
sharp, "somewhere" on any of the slides, then your problem is your eye,
diopter focus, or GG screen improperly installed. If nothing looks if
focus, then suspect camera movement. Fuzzy camera movement looks
"different" than improper focus.

I have been using R camera since 1976. M cameras for less than a year. I
RARELY EVER use my R camera hand held. It's like it is permanently attached
to a tripod. I bought my M camera FOR THE SOLE REASON, I wanted a camera
that I could hand hold. I photographed a grape harvest last year hand held,
35-70, 24, and 15mm lenses. Two R7's. That's about the extent of my
"professional" R7 hand holding over the past dozen years.

You need to run some careful experiments. The M camera hand holds very very
well. Remember, there's a lot of mechanical stuff going on inside the R
camera. Stop down, mirror up, shutter. Cams, levers, solenoids. I think you
should try a monopod.

Jim