Subject: Re: COPY: Re: [Leica] First week of shooting with my new R7 - HELP!
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Sat, 29 Aug 1998 10:03:33 -0700

At 07:32 AM 8/29/98 -0700, you wrote:
>There IS in fact, something sharp on ALMOST every slide, and
>it is usually a part of the model's body just inches out of the plane
>of focus I desired.  Maybe my diopter is out of alignment.
>
>Francesco

I personally doubt if it is the diopter. That won't change the actual plane
of focus. But a Ground Glass screen not seated properly sure will. It is
easy to install the GG screen and NOT get it seated (snapped in). I've done
it, but fortunately realized it didn't feel right so repeated the process.
If your screen isn't in place, the focus plane will be off. Is that a "new"
new R7 or a "used" new R7 ?

The best focus screen for the R cameras is the 14306.

That ought to keep the LUG busy for awhile.

Jim