Subject: [Leica] On Photographic Seeing
From: M3novie@webtv.net (Scott Green)
Date: Sun, 9 Aug 1998 11:08:52 -0700 (PDT)

Bill, I love how you put it!  My M3 has given new power to my "eyes."  I
don't ever remember havingthe speed of response, the ??????? that
thiscamera and system give me when I used my SLR's.  Of late, I have
been "seeing" repetitious patterns (someone was just talking about
that?).  They seem to be popping up at antique fairs (yesterday was in
Benicia, a month ago in Martinez); watering cans all in a row, etc.  The
oddest place of note is at salvage stores, with rows of old bathtubs,
shutters, slabs of marble...
The point of this is that the M3, besides being the machine par
excellence for my candid people shots, has brought new sight to me.  One
of my not-even-remotelyphoto oriented friends made a similar comment to
me.  Now, I "see."

Scott