Subject: [Leica] Leicas, Pix, and Passion
From: Vondauster@aol.com
Date: Fri, 7 Aug 1998 00:49:19 EDT

In a message dated 98-08-06 23:55:48 EDT, Ted wrote:

<< Will responded:  beautifully!!! :)  Thank Will good sense of perspective
 and humour. :) >>

I'm honored.

The LUG is one of the most remarkable group of folks I've had the pleasure of
encountering. It is more like a group of pen-pals than the typical BBS (with
emphasis on the last two letters...). If once and a while the threads get
flakey or esoteric, we are united, professional and amateur alike, by our
passion for (excessive interest in?) our ability to capture an instant of time
in an image of a reality that will never occur again: To do that with the
delightful opportunity to say to anyone who looks at our photographs, "Lookey
what I saw!" My phootgraphs are good enough to make a living - but they are
not, and will probably never be, good enough for me. So be it.The challenge to
improve is what keeps me going.

The Leica cameras and lenses add to our expeience, and most of us beleive, to
our images. I believe this. It is why discussions of whether the last 35mm
Summicron M has better bokeh than the 35mm Summicron Aspherical-M matter to
me. It is why the remarkable image one of us posted taken with a 50mm Summar
matters to me. Though I am happy with my Bessler 23C and Rodenstock lenses,
the Focomat threads matter to me. And when we get too serious about all this
stuff that matters to us, a message one the relative merits of White and
McKays 21 year old versus Tillamore Dew is a welcome diversion.

It is late, and I'm probably rambling. Good night all,

Will von Dauster