Subject: Re: [Leica] Summer travel observations
From: Vondauster@aol.com
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 1998 23:48:03 EDT

In a message dated 98-08-17 23:38:26 EDT, Andrew wrote:

<< Sad to say, serious photography seems to be a dying hobby >>

While I trust your observations to be completely accurate - I have had German
photo store attendants loudly deride my Leicas as some sort of madness (maybe
they're right...) - I would add that everything goes in cycles. What is trendy
this year is tomorrow's quaint custom. Judging by the incredible interest
generated whenever I pull a Minox B out of my pocket, the Minox should be the
world's best selling camera by far. But it ain't. If we could predict what
will be fashionable tomorrow, we'd be able to afford all the Leica equipment
we'd ever want...

Will von Dauster