Subject: Re: [Leica] Big Lens woes
From: tedgrant@islandnet.com (Ted Grant)
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 1998 18:39:24 +0100

<<<<<My point was that in this situation the photographer was set up in a
confined space with very large equipment, and to top it all off, he was
rude.  To me that was poor behavior and perhaps a good example of how some
photographers may think themselves above the rest simply because of their
equipment - snobbery IMHO. >>>>>>

Hi James,

With your further explanation I can't agree with you more!!!!  It sounds
like this is the kind of photographer that gives all of us a bad name and
image.

I mean it's bad enough without shooters making it worse. Not all of them
are bad, but then it only takes one to make us look like Neanderthal
idiots.

Nothing is gained in image of oneself by being rude whether photographer or
not. I admit there are times I want to "kill the stupid SOB", but it speaks
well of ones character to keep emotions and mouth under control, as the
only person damaged is the photographer loosing brain and speech restraint!

There have been times when I thought a good whack on the side of the head
with an M6 might clear things up in a hurry. However I would hate assault
charges with a deadly weapon! :)

It has taken me many years to learn, "keep cool is in" as being nice to
folks begets more niceness in return (not always!) and if my assistant is
along, she is the sweetest person you can imagine and she keeps me quiet
and on a leash! :)

She handles most situations with a smile and answer that makes folks feel
like they are sorry for interrupting, but then she swings it around and the
next thing I know the person is looking through the camera and she's
smiling at me with her finger at her mouth indicating to be quiet! :)

Now who's the assistant? :) And who's the boss? :)

But she sure keeps me out of trouble and is saving her money to buy an M6
and a 35mm aspherical 1.4. So as long as she thinks Leica, actually uses
mine very well, I guess I'll keep her around for awhile.

And for a little lady she wields a mean big lens and tripod! :) Also a
terrific smile that calms the maddening crowd.

ted