Subject: Re: [Leica] 200mm f/4 Telyt
From: "Michiel Fokkema" <mfokkema@worldonline.nl>
Date: Sat, 4 Jul 1998 14:24:33 +0000

>   Since I discovered this fine group a couple of months ago I've not seen
> mention of this lens, configured for the M system.  I have one I use with a
> Visoflex I (?) occasionally.  It has a 16466M bayonet adapter attached to
> its threaded rear.
>   Does anyone know how good the Telyt is optically, when it was produced,
> and what other adapters it might mate to?  This one is mostly black with
> silver f/ preset ring and distance scale.                 -Jay-

Hello Jay,
This lens is a fine performer. It is useful at full aperture but
improves when stopped down one or two stops.
I've used it on all three visoflexes without and with the extension
tube and always had good results. I also use it on my R3 and even with
the 2X extender it keeps up its performance quit well.
Here in Europe they are quit cheap so for me it is not worth to sell
it or to trade for a 180. It is just too good for the money.

               Greetings,

                              Michiel.