Subject: [Leica] RE: Repair M1.4/35ASPH
From: "B. D. Colen" <BDColen@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 1998 09:29:14 -0400

Joachim - Thanks so much for all your help. This is what the LUG and the
internet are really all about.

By calling the Netherlands I have determined that I purchased the lens from
an authorized Leica dealer in Amsterdam. (Thank God!)

Next step I called Michael Schmidt in Solms and spoke to an Andrea Franko,
who was quite helpful. She suggested that for ease in dealing with customs I
send the lens to Leica USA for forwarding on to Solms. She said that there
shouldn't be any problem in honoring the warranty. I then told her that if
they decided to replace the lens, instead of repairing it, that despite the
fact that it is cheaper, I'd prefer that they sent me the black version
rather than the Titanium (to get rid of some weight). She said to stick that
in the note and she would let people know that the lens was coming.

So thanks again for all your help. I'll keep you posted.

B.D.