Subject: Re: [Leica] 200mm f/4 Telyt
From: "Bill Larsen" <ohlen@lightspeed.net>
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 1998 14:27:00 -0700

Jay,
According to Kisselback, 1967, the lens can be focused with the Viso II =
or III using the 16466M adapter from infinity to 3 m.  An adapter ring =
of 15 mm depth (14020) increases the range from 3 m. to 1.7 m.  two =
adapter rings increase the range  from 1.7 m. to 1.3 m.  Shorter =
distances can be focused with the universal focusing bellows.
There were also finders that could be used if you were not using the =
Viso on the M (an extension tube, (14039) of the same depth instead).  =
These included the STF 100.  I have also seen the lens used with an =
open-frame sports finder.
When I added an R-6 to my M (the R-6s being as close as you can get to =
an M in operation), I was going to sell the 200.  But then I tried it on =
the R-6 and have decided that it creates the Leica look that I like and, =
while it is somewhat of a pain to use, the results are worth it.
Just my opinion and not posted on the LUG as flamebait or to be =
ostracized and invited to leave.
Bill Larsen