Subject: Re: [Leica] lens choice (on-topic)
From: "Bill Larsen" <ohlen@lightspeed.net>
Date: Mon, 8 Jun 1998 15:37:32 -0700

On 8 June, Alan wrote:
|All understood except for the remark by Alf:
|
||>  Keep in mind also, that the size
||> of your enlargement depends on the observer's distance.=20

I interpreted this to mean that there is a "natural" viewing distance.  =
It would be like looking at a painting such as a Goya in an art book =
where your viewing distance would be 16 -18 inches and then viewing the =
original where the same view and consequent ability to see the whole =
painting would be say 15 feet.  As you move closer to the original, you =
lose the ability to see the whole picture, but you begin to see the =
grain (brushstrokes).

Regards, Bill