Subject: Re: [Leica] 2x extender R disappointment
From: "Michiel Fokkema" <mfokkema@worldonline.nl>
Date: Sat, 1 Aug 1998 22:56:07 +0000

> Tried using my Leitz 2x  SL/SL2 extender to turn my 90/2 into a 180/4 on
> the cheap.
>
> Quite frankly, the results were appalling. Soft focus and washed out
> colour. Nothing wrong with the 90/2, as shots taken before and afterwards
> with just the prime lens were tack sharp and rich in colour.

Hello Alex,
I have used the 2X extender for quit some time now and experienced
that it does not work very well with 90/2.0 when used at full
aperture and at close distances. Because this is always difficult it
didn't surprise me.
On the other hand when I use the extender with the aperture closed
down one or two stops you hardly see any difference compared to the
results without the extender. Espescialy with the 135 and the 200/4.0
I have very nice results.
I guess you just have to find out the possibilities of the extender,
what is possible and what is not. But isn't that true for all lenses?

               Greetings,

                              Michiel.