Subject: RE: [Leica] New 50mm Summilux M 1.4 ?
From: Michael Garmisa <kilemall@shell.excelsior.net>
Date: Sun, 07 Jun 1998 19:13:44 -0400 (EDT)

On 07-Jun-98 Eric Ertman wrote:

>  I have decided to break my piggy bank in order to purchase a  50mm
> Summicron M f/2 as it seems to me to have the overall best optical
> performance of the M 50mm's despite average speed . I am slightly
> hesitant, even though I appreciate the excellence of this lens, as I
> somewhere caught a rumour of Leica launching a new 50mm Summilux M 1.4.
> Can anyone substantiate this rumour? If so it might be worth the wait.
>
> Thanks,
> Eric
I'm in almost the same boat, I had decided on a 50 summicron, but with this new
rumor.... I think that if a new 50 summilux is released the price for the old
one will drop down into my price range.  However, I think that Leica will deny
and production of such a lens (assuming they are making one) up until about a
day before they release it.  For this reason I will probably buy the summicron,
I figure I'll be able to sell it for close to what I pay if want to raise money
for a summilux, assuming a new one is even coming out that is.

- --
Michael Garmisa <kilemall@shell.excelsior.net>  ICQ# 11583837
http://shell.excelsior.net/~kilemall/      07-Jun-98 19:10:18
PGP key at: http://shell.excelsior.net/~kilemall/kilemall.asc