Subject: [Leica] Capa
From: Yods1@aol.com
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 1998 02:04:04 EDT

I also read the "proof" that the Capa photo wasn't staged, and I'm not trying
to sway anyone's opinion, just reporting what I saw. Believe though that I
doubt anyone could have been more dissapointed than me when I saw the contact
sheet in that biography, as Capa is still a hero of mine. I recall that the
rest of the roll didn't have any other combat frames on it either, though it
did have some group shots of the soldiers involved, including the one
supposedly catching the bullet.
 Oh well, it was years ago, and I could see how a joke on film or innocent
photographic goofing around with the soldiers he was with, shipped back to New
York, could blow up into something irreversible before he knew it was even
published.

- --Dave Yoder