Subject: Re: [Leica] Capa
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Thu, 04 Jun 1998 07:06:33 -0500

At 02:04 AM 6/4/98 -0400, you wrote:

> Oh well, it was years ago, and I could see how a joke on film or innocent
>photographic goofing around with the soldiers he was with, shipped back to
New
>York, could blow up into something irreversible before he knew it was even
>published.

That ISN"T what happened. It has been decisively PROVEN (I find there are
TWO articles proving such) that it was NOT faked. And I recall the contact
sheet as well in a book. And I seem to remember the pictures were not
inconsistent with the guy dying. In fact, I remember seeing pictures of
them jumping over ditches, crouching behind hills and such. It wasn't just
a bunch of guys standing around arm in arm mugging for the camera, though
that was there too.
- --

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Computers can never replace human stupidity