Subject: Re: [Leica] Polariser 13356
From: apbc <apbc@public1.sta.net.cn>
Date: Wed, 20 May 1998 09:57:36 +0800 (PRC)

Hi LUGGERs,

Does anyone out there with a 13356 Universal Polariser for M (the new
one) use it with a Summilux 50 - the old one with 43mm filter thread?
Does it say anything about compatibility with this lens in the
instruction manual?
The reason I ask is that I have this filter on order for collection
next time I go to Hong Kong and if, as I have so far heard, there is no
Leica adapter for 43mm thread I have to then either locate a 46mm-43mm
step-down ring or perhaps a 49-43 (both these pretty obscure I reckon)
or even a 49-52 step-up which I could then use with the Leica 49mm ring
(or is this an optional extra?) and my Heliopan 52-43 ring.

Whilst on the subject why is it that the 13356 needs a seperate adapter
for the 135 Tele-Elmar? Does the provided 39mm ring not work with it -
if not why not and is it only the new 135 Tele-Elmar or the old one
(which I have) as well?

Also I heard that the 13356 will work with the Contax G2 46mm filter
lenses 'with limitations': what do you suppose these limitations are?
Perhaps it blocks the AF sensors or is it simply that using Leica
accessories with Contax cameras is verboten? (g)

Such complexities for such a simple accessory! Any info gratefully
received.

Adrian

Adrian Bradshaw
Photojournalist