Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Leica changes, a fantasy
From: Alfred Breull <puma@hannover.sgh-net.de>
Date: Sat, 16 May 1998 00:15:08 +0200

Larry,

I've been reading your suggestions rather carefully, but - although
they sound reasonable - I don't feel good. The main reason results from
the fact, that I enjoy the _manual_ act of picture taking ... like
selecting the tool in painting (oil vs water colors, a certain brush),
or in sculptures, the material (i.e. clay/ loam vs  wood vs marble).

Let's say, I like to make mistakes as much as I like to be successful.
Both belong to me, they make me feel that I live.

I'd miss it with the auto-xx additonals. Maybe there's truth in the
line, at least for me, that the way is the aim. I don't know, but I
feel better the way I described ... even if the picture is bad - it's
from me, it's mine, and it's not an automat who realized my success.

Alf

At 15:24 15.05.1998 EDT, Larry wrote:
>As long as Leica modifications are being discussed, the members of our chapter
>of the Leicaholic Chowder and Marching Society agree that the M camera needs
>change if it to staunch the defection to the Contax G2.

- --- snipped

Alfred Breull
http://members.aol.com/abreull/index.htm