Subject: Re: [Leica] M lenses & digital compatibility
From: Alfred Breull <puma@hannover.sgh-net.de>
Date: Sat, 16 May 1998 00:15:06 +0200

I heard today, that a high res scan (about 15 MB) from the S1
needs up to 10 minutes, which would agree to the exposure time.
I don't know if it's true - but, if it's true, I feel some
complications for portraits - at least. And, 36x15 MB also means
a lot of space for the equivalent of one roll ...

Taking these aspects into account I feel my temptation for a
USD 20.000 S1 somehow limited.

Alf

At 20:56 15.05.1998 +0100, Lucien wrote:
>Alex Brattell wrote:
>
>>That was one of my questions when I bought Leica M lenses -
>>will they be useable on future digital bodies?
>>I was told that yes, they would.
>>Because I wanted to buy the stuff anyway, I believed it.
>
>And it's already true.
>
>They are useable on the Leica S1 with the adapter :
>Leica S-Adapter-M 15 310.
>
>Lucien

Alfred Breull
http://members.aol.com/abreull/index.htm