Subject: Re: [Leica] leica vs olympus vs Linhof
From: Mark Kronquist <mak@teleport.com>
Date: Thu, 14 May 1998 20:10:14 +0000

In 1990 I bought OM-3's and Zuikos from 16-500. In 1995 several loal pro
shops decided to dump their Leica R (R 5 and R E and R 6 bodies new $500,
Lenses $400 ea) I sold my much used much travelled much appreciated OM stuff
for Leica R. The OM-3's were great tanks and the lenses were good but Leica
R seems more robust and the lenses are ledgendary...besides thanks to
collector frenzy battered OM-3s are worth as much as R5's in the normal
market...

There is nothing wrong with OM-1 and OM-3 cameras but...you will probably
never regret having invested in a Leica.
- ----------
> From: "Harrison McClary" <hmcclary@earthlink.net>
> To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
> Subject: Re: [Leica] leica vs olympus vs Linhof
> Date: Thu, 14 May 1998 21:11:58 +0000
>
>Or he could have realized he was a crappy photographer sold the OM1
>and bought a Kodak and a bunch of Scotch and been really happy.  :)
>
>I do remember a friend who used to work for UPI in Atlanta and is now
>a commercial shooter in Atlanta who had an old Olympus 50mm mounted
>on his wall. It was used to photograph one of the Apollo launches
>and was just a little too close and the thing got toasted, camera and
>lens had to be trashed. UPI fellow workers took the lens had it
>mounted to a plaque with an inscription on it. Quite a nice
>conversation piece.
>
>Robert Rose wrote:
>
>> Now if he had simply traded in the OM-1 for a used R4 or R4sP with a used
Summicron 50mm he would