Subject: Re: [Leica] leica vs olympus vs Linhof
From: "Harrison McClary" <hmcclary@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 14 May 1998 21:11:58 +0000

Or he could have realized he was a crappy photographer sold the OM1
and bought a Kodak and a bunch of Scotch and been really happy.  :)

I do remember a friend who used to work for UPI in Atlanta and is now
a commercial shooter in Atlanta who had an old Olympus 50mm mounted
on his wall. It was used to photograph one of the Apollo launches
and was just a little too close and the thing got toasted, camera and
lens had to be trashed. UPI fellow workers took the lens had it
mounted to a plaque with an inscription on it. Quite a nice
conversation piece.

Robert Rose wrote:

> Now if he had simply traded in the OM-1 for a used R4 or R4sP with a used Summicron 50mm he would

Harrison McClary
http://people.delphi.com/hmphoto