Subject: Re: [Leica] 35mm on M3
From: Michael Garmisa <kilemall@shell.excelsior.net>
Date: Tue, 12 May 1998 15:06:29 -0400 (EDT)

On 12-May-98 Bud Cook wrote:
snip
> The goggles display some distortion, loss of brilliance and occasional flare
> or reflections.  However, it's about the only way you can use the 35 on an
> M3 w/o taking off the MR meter and using an auxiliary viewfinder.
>
> If I had only one lens for the M3, it would be a 50 mm.  I especially like
> the color rendition and results from the Rigid or Dual Range Summicron.
>
> Bud Cook

I already have a collapsible 90mm f/4 elmar so I thought a 35 would be more
usefull than at 50, what about the auxiliary viewfinders?  I don't use my mr
meter (I use a handheld minolta autometer III) so i can put it on a shoe, will
it work with all the new 35mm lenses or 28 for that matter?  Do i still get the
reduced image quality and approx how much do they cost as I haven't seen them
listed in any ads.

Michael Garmisa------kilemall@shell.excelsior.net------12-May-98 15:02:35
- --------http://shell.excelsior.net/~kilemall/-------ICQ # 11583837-------
- ------PGP key at: http://shell.excelsior.net/~kilemall/kilemall.asc------