Subject: Re: [Leica] 6.8 Telyts
From: LEICAMAN56 <LEICAMAN56@aol.com>
Date: Sun, 3 May 1998 01:42:57 EDT

If anyone is interested, I have a complete 400/6.8, new in box with both the M
and R tube and universal handgrip.  If interested, you can contact me here or
at 800-755-5342.

I personally use both the 400/5.6 and 560/5.6 with the Televit rapid focus
system.  Once you use this system, it's really hard to beat.  The focus stops
work well with sports situations where you can pre-focus on an area where you
know action will occur as in baseball.  Short of true auto-focus, this system
really was ahead of its time.

I have both the M and R setups, and with the M mount I can use an adapter and
shoot with either a Nikon F4 or F5.  The focus confirmation really helps here.
Plus the built in motors - ideal for shooting sports without spending huge
bucks to get this kind of reach and performance.   Both lenses are tack sharp
wide open.  I usually use them on a monopod, as the original Leitz concept of
handholding them with the handgrip/shoulderstock is a bit cumbersome,
especially with the 560.

Has anyone else on the LUG had any experience with these lenses?

BTW, the current LHSA Viewfinder features an article on these lenses.

Bill Rosauer