Subject: Re: [Leica] Two or three lens travel kit.
From: Carl Socolow <csocolow@microserve.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 1998 17:42:12 -0400

BIRKEY, DUANE wrote:

<SNIP>

> I shoot day in and day out and having 7 bodies and 14 lenses really does
> make my life a little easier.  I have days where I would like to chuck
> everything but the M kit and just shoot available light.

<ALSO SNIPPED>

Duane,

How old are you and what condition is your back in? I used to do that
but it hurts and becomes too much like work. On the other hand I'm
photographing a convention this coming week and I'm still trying to
figure out how I'll work two EOS bodies (one color neg, the other b&w)
with 17-35, 28-70 and 70-200 zooms and strobes and two M bodies, one
with b&w at 400 and the other with b&w at 1600. I don't want to get
caught up in changing lenses too often. Little do the clients realize
the complexity of all this.

OTOH, for travel, since this is what the topic is about (sorry LUG), an
M2 with 35 Summicron, an M3 with 50 Summilux, a 90 tele-elmarit and now
a 21 elmarit. and still too much lens changing for spontaneity's sake.

Carl S.
- --
Sometimes the wrong thing is exactly the thing you should do.